Organize your Life: The Mompreneur Edition
How many times have you wished for more organization in your life? As a mompreneur, it can be tough to juggle everything on your plate. But with a bit of planning and some helpful tips, you can live a more organized life. Here are four tips to get you started.
I remember a time in my life, before kids when I didn’t need to write anything down because I would remember everything. I would remember when I had to go to work, when I had doctor’s appointments, or when I would meet up with friends. That was everything I really scheduled anyway. But once you become a mom, life gets more hectic, and your brain doesn’t absorb data like it used to anymore. So here are 4 tips to help you live a more organized life.
** Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. This means I may receive a commission if you use my links. This helps me grow my blog and feed my family. Thank you!
Use a virtual assistant on your phone or smartwatch.
I love using my Apple Watch with Siri Assistant. I constantly ask Siri to set reminders, set an appointment, or add groceries to my grocery list. This has literally become an extension of me, and it has helped in so many ways. This will help you get more organized in both your business and personal life. You can also use Siri to find directions, make phone calls, send messages, and much more. Having this at your wrist is extremely convenient and helps you keep track of your schedule much better than before. It really has become a game changer for me and I highly recommend it for any mompreneur who needs a little help here and there.
Use a digital or reusable planner
I’ve always loved writing, and I used to write on everything and anything. Whether it was notebooks, napkins, on the back of envelopes from utility bills, etc. But since I made a conscious effort to help the environment, I decided to switch to using a reusable planner and a digital planner on my iPad. These are great tools that help me stay organized while also being environmentally friendly.
The Rocketbook Fusion is perfect for jotting down notes and tasks, and I can just erase it when I’m done and use it again. And GoodNotes is great for digital writing and keeping track of long-term projects and goals. I have imported daily planners, weekly planners, monthly planners, habit trackers, savings trackers, etc. The options are literally endless. And when I am done, I can save it to the cloud, or delete it when I no longer need the notes. Plus, I can access it anywhere, which is really handy. Either way, I’m able to stay organized and help the environment at the same time!
I used to be a huge procrastinator, always telling myself I could do something tomorrow. But then tomorrow would come around, and I would have only accumulated more things to do, which made it even harder to start. I now go over my reminders list on my phone and my planner every morning before the kids wake up. This helps me to get organized and beat procrastination. By taking care of things right away, I don’t have to worry about them later. And if something can wait, I can easily schedule it for another day. Having a daily routine has really helped me to stay on top of things and get things done.
I like to apply the 5-second-rule when I feel like I want to procrastinate. I count to 5 loud and I force myself to get up. There is no negotiation, and I start immediately. The counting distracts me from feeling lazy and wanting to procrastinate. And when I am at 5, I just get up and go do what I need to do.
Create a routine
As mom entrepreneurs, we have a lot on our plates. We are responsible for running our businesses, taking care of our families, and managing our households. It can be difficult to keep everything organized and running smoothly. However, routines can help. By setting routines and sticking to them, we can teach ourselves to be more organized in our business lives. For example, we can set a daily routine of checking our email first thing in the morning, setting aside time to make phone calls mid-day, and wrapping up with paperwork in the evening. This will help us to stay on top of our work and make sure that we are taking care of all aspects of our businesses. In addition, routines can help us to free up more time for our families and ourselves. By setting aside specific times for work tasks, we can make sure that we are not neglecting our personal lives. routines are an essential part of being a successful mom entrepreneur.
- From Mom to Mompreneur: 30+ Lucrative Business Ideas for Home-Based SuccessHey there, amazing moms! We all know that being a mom is a full-time job in itself, but have you ever considered embarking on your own business journey? In this blog post, we’re going to explore why starting your own business could be the exciting…
- Saving Money and Expanding Your Mind: Why a Library Card is a Must-HaveA library is a really cool place that has lots of books, magazines, tablets, and other things you can borrow or read there. It’s like a treasure trove of knowledge! You can also use the library to do research or study for school. It’s a…
- 100+ Smart Ways to Save Money and Reduce Waste in Your Everyday LifeHey there, money-savvy friends! Are you tired of constantly struggling to save money and live sustainably? Well, you’re in luck because I’ve got a blog post that’s going to blow your mind! In this blog post I’ve compiled a list of tips and tricks that…
- Frugal Ways to Show Your Mom Some Love This Mother’s DayWhy is it important to show our appreciation on Mother’s Day? Mother’s Day is a special occasion that provides an opportunity to honor and appreciate the incredible women who have given us life and unconditional love. Our moms are the ones who have been there…
- Why Dedication Outweighs Motivation for Successful MompreneursHey there friend, can you relate to the feeling of wanting to do something, but struggling to find the motivation to actually do it? That’s been my struggle for years – whether it’s finding the motivation to go to the gym, wake up early, or…
1 thought on “Organize your Life: The Mompreneur Edition”