Organize your Life: The Mompreneur Edition
How many times have you wished for more organization in your life? As a mompreneur, it can be tough to juggle everything on your plate. But with a bit of planning and some helpful tips, you can live a more organized life. Here are four tips to get you started.
I remember a time in my life, before kids when I didn’t need to write anything down because I would remember everything. I would remember when I had to go to work, when I had doctor’s appointments, or when I would meet up with friends. That was everything I really scheduled anyway. But once you become a mom, life gets more hectic, and your brain doesn’t absorb data like it used to anymore. So here are 4 tips to help you live a more organized life.
** Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. This means I may receive a commission if you use my links. This helps me grow my blog and feed my family. Thank you!
Use a virtual assistant on your phone or smartwatch.
I love using my Apple Watch with Siri Assistant. I constantly ask Siri to set reminders, set an appointment, or add groceries to my grocery list. This has literally become an extension of me, and it has helped in so many ways. This will help you get more organized in both your business and personal life. You can also use Siri to find directions, make phone calls, send messages, and much more. Having this at your wrist is extremely convenient and helps you keep track of your schedule much better than before. It really has become a game changer for me and I highly recommend it for any mompreneur who needs a little help here and there.
Use a digital or reusable planner
I’ve always loved writing, and I used to write on everything and anything. Whether it was notebooks, napkins, on the back of envelopes from utility bills, etc. But since I made a conscious effort to help the environment, I decided to switch to using a reusable planner and a digital planner on my iPad. These are great tools that help me stay organized while also being environmentally friendly.
The Rocketbook Fusion is perfect for jotting down notes and tasks, and I can just erase it when I’m done and use it again. And GoodNotes is great for digital writing and keeping track of long-term projects and goals. I have imported daily planners, weekly planners, monthly planners, habit trackers, savings trackers, etc. The options are literally endless. And when I am done, I can save it to the cloud, or delete it when I no longer need the notes. Plus, I can access it anywhere, which is really handy. Either way, I’m able to stay organized and help the environment at the same time!
I used to be a huge procrastinator, always telling myself I could do something tomorrow. But then tomorrow would come around, and I would have only accumulated more things to do, which made it even harder to start. I now go over my reminders list on my phone and my planner every morning before the kids wake up. This helps me to get organized and beat procrastination. By taking care of things right away, I don’t have to worry about them later. And if something can wait, I can easily schedule it for another day. Having a daily routine has really helped me to stay on top of things and get things done.
I like to apply the 5-second-rule when I feel like I want to procrastinate. I count to 5 loud and I force myself to get up. There is no negotiation, and I start immediately. The counting distracts me from feeling lazy and wanting to procrastinate. And when I am at 5, I just get up and go do what I need to do.
Create a routine
As mom entrepreneurs, we have a lot on our plates. We are responsible for running our businesses, taking care of our families, and managing our households. It can be difficult to keep everything organized and running smoothly. However, routines can help. By setting routines and sticking to them, we can teach ourselves to be more organized in our business lives. For example, we can set a daily routine of checking our email first thing in the morning, setting aside time to make phone calls mid-day, and wrapping up with paperwork in the evening. This will help us to stay on top of our work and make sure that we are taking care of all aspects of our businesses. In addition, routines can help us to free up more time for our families and ourselves. By setting aside specific times for work tasks, we can make sure that we are not neglecting our personal lives. routines are an essential part of being a successful mom entrepreneur.
- Mompreneurs’ Ultimate Guide to Launching Your Dream Online ShopHey there, Mompreneurs! Are you ready to embark on an exciting journey into the world of online entrepreneurship? Whether you’re looking to make some extra income or build a thriving online business, this guide is tailored just for you. We’ll walk you through every step … Read more
- Moms on a Mission: Pursuing Your PassionsHey there, fabulous moms! Today, we’re going to dive into a topic that’s all about celebrating you and your dreams. Yes, we’re talking about pursuing your passions while being the incredible mom you are. So, grab a cozy spot, your favorite drink, and let’s embark … Read more
- How to Deal with Mom Guilt When You’re Working Too MuchHey there, wonderful moms in our amazing community! Today, let’s dive deep into a topic that resonates with most of us – the infamous “mom guilt.” We know that being a working mother can sometimes feel like you’re stretched in a thousand directions, trying to … Read more
- A Mompreneurs Guide: Creating Passive Income with Online Digital ProductsHey there, awesome moms! Ever wished you could turn your talents into a money-making gig while still taking care of the family? You’re not alone! Loads of moms are discovering a cool way to juggle their mom duties AND start an online business. If you’re … Read more
- Teaching Kids about Money: A Guide to Getting StartedParenting is an incredible journey, filled with its share of ups, downs, laughter, and love. As our children grow, one vital life lesson that often takes a backseat in our busy lives is teaching them about money responsibilities. In an increasingly complex world, imparting sound … Read more